Sunday, February 8, 2009

Welch family.

Yesterday was the memorial service of the death of our dear friends the Welch's. Some of my readers probably don't know what I am talking about so I will explain. Last year about this time right after the tornadoes came through the Welch family was helping with disaster relief. On their way home they were hit by a wal-mart truck killing Mr. and Mrs. Welch and their son Jesse and daughter...I can't remember her name. Jesse was a member of our choir and was a student at the tutorial school that I attend. We miss them so much and it has been very hard. I never got to know him very well which made it all the worse seeing that I missed a great opportunity. From the stories I have heard the Welch family was quite a blessing and touched so many peoples lives. I know that I will see them again one day. It is making my stomach hurt just talking about it but I know I have to trust God for comfort. I guess I also have to remember that there are people who were closer and are hurting more than I am. For anyone who might be reading this that does know the sweet Welch family I will be praying for God's comfort on you. The memorial service was good. Our choir sang and there were many other performances including the Dooley family(I thought did quite well.) who's children also attend the school that I go to. It was a time of good fellowship and our choir got together and sang songs from last year. It was fun to pull out the "Hallelujah Chorus". I am so glad to know that the Welch family is happily in heaven. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment