Thursday, February 12, 2009

Gentlemen (Inspired by Amy K)

This is not an issue to be taken lightly. In a way I am talking to guys but GIRLS you can help! It is terribly sad to me that I look all around me and RARELY do I find a real man. A true gentleman. What is up with that guys? Seriously is it so hard to hold a door open for a girl? Is it so hard to offer your seat? Huuuuhhhh!!!! Did she just say give up my seat?!?!? To a girl!!!! Yep that is right fellows. That is what I said. Now I know this can be difficult because guys and girls alike have their pride. Girls, this is where you come in. If a guy opens a door for you, what should you do? Say THANK YOU! If a guy offers to carry something for you don't get offended because you feel like they are trying to point out that you are the weaker sex. Guess what girls...you probably are weaker in some ways. God made girls and guys different for a reason. Yes girls were created to be helpers to guys but I honestly think that guys NEED girls. Need is a pretty strong word too. Come on girls don't you like the idea of a guy showing you honor and helping you with things that yeah maybe you can do on your own but because they know what it means to be a real gentleman they do it anyway. Wow if a guy showed me that much honor I would be amazed. I am not saying to be unreasonable guys, I am not saying to wait on us girls hand and foot as if you are our servants. A little more respect would be nice though. I have seen very few (if any) real men. Sad huh? Then there are the guys who will hold a door open for a girl. Then there are the guys who will walk right through the door in front of you and not even notice you. The really sad thing is, is that when there is a gentleman around we girls don't allow them to help because we are to prideful to say you know what this is kinda heavy it would be nice of you to carry it. I know I am going on and on but honestly I feel this is a big issue. One last thing lady's, it is hard for a guy to be a gentleman when you are not acting like a young lady! Just think about it. Doesn't that make sense? Are you going to do something about it?

4 comments:

  1. You go sister!!! Amen. Preach it! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i totally agree! I often wonder about this too. What ever happened to common courtesy? If guys only knew how it made a girl feel to be taken care of with respect they'd never have to complain about being single again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great insite! I really do think that guys are embarased now to do something for a girl because they might think that they are interested in them. You don't have to go all out guys, just tini things once in a while.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Amy K said, just a little something every once in a while. I did not mean to go over board but I know I sounded that way. Guys, maybe some girls are insulted about it but let them because there are some girls who it means a TON to. No, we don't take it to mean that you like us. Oh yeah, amen Sam and thanks Janae!!!

    ReplyDelete