Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Convention

Convention was...let's see...good, tiring, hard, stressful, fun, exciting, boring (at times) and uhh...that's about it I guess. For those of you who don't know what convention is, it is a five day trip to Kentucky that is for schools who use the ACE curriculum. While we are there we compete in a number of things. There are academic competitions, sports, platform, music and the list goes on. There is a huge list of things you can compete in. There were some hard lessons learned this year and over all it was certainly different than last year but I can not say that I wish I didn't go. Here are the things I competed in and what place I got:

Girls 400 meter dash: 2nd place
Girls 400 meter relay: 3rd place
Female duet: 3rd place
Female trio: uhh...5th place?
Archery: 3rd place!!!
Large ensamble: 1st place
Small ensamble 1st place
Black and white still life photography: no place...sniff sniff
Color plants and animals photography: no place
My school as a whole got 1st place over all in music and sports (again!) and we also placed in academics I thin but I am not sure what place we got. My friend David got 1st place in the guys division of the archery, I was so proud of him. I was also proud of everyone else but since the archery was my favorite thing to do I thought it was pretty cool that he got 1st! My friend Jade did very well on her piano solo. I played three on three volleyball while I was there too. That was a lot of fun! I ate pizza every single day! Healthy right? That is not all I ate but I did in fact have pizza every day that I was there. It was good too! I will not go into all the details of the bad stuff that happened but let's just say that it made the week a bit tough. I think the fun balanced it out and it was all ok in the end but the fact that I was tired did not help at all. Well I must end for now as I am about to be kicked of the computer so good-night all and have a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment