Saturday, October 23, 2010

poverty and world hunger

I just looked up videos of poverty and world hunger on Youtube. It is blight that is so wrong! Some of the images were just...inhuman. It is the most tragic, sad thing I have ever seen. While I eat three meals a day and waste food, there are skeletons walking around. It hurts. It should hurt more. It should hurt so bad that I do everything in my power to make a difference. This is my prayer. Maybe I can't feed a hundred, but I can feed one. If everyone will say that, look at how many people will get fed! Let's make a difference. I am not sure where to start. Well I guess that answers itself. Start with prayer.

"Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your armes for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the ones forgotten
Give me your eyes so I can see"
~Brandon Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment