Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Amazing Grace

My God and my Savior, my King and my Friend, chose me out of my sin to bring glory to His name. The weight that was placed upon Jesus, His perfect holy Son, in order for this to happen,
was awesome. The Lord gives beautiful meaning to my life and even to my struggles. Although He saved me many years ago, I am growing more now than ever.
Who am I that the Creator of the stars and of ladybugs, of trees and of ants, of bears and of lambs, of you and me, would look down at me, in all of my wretchedness, with love in His
eyes and say “You are my friend. Come follow Me.”? I am not worthy, yet this is what He did for me. He placed upon His Son what I should eternally suffer and die for, yet He gave me eternal life. He called me clean and righteous. All of God’s wrath was poured out onto His perfect, holy Son, because of the world’s sins, because of my sins. I am no longer condemned to hell. Jesus did not just die in my place; He literally took upon Himself my sins. He took upon himself my filth, my baggage and everything the Lord hates and the Lord now sees Jesus’ cleanness in me. He can now look upon my face. Jesus Christ, Son of God, took the beatings and mocking and being spit upon when I deserve to burn in hell for eternity. How could I not love and serve a God like this?
Life has no meaning apart from God. My one purpose for being on this earth is to bring honor and glory to the holy name of the Lord. My struggles and trials even have meaning through Him. He often uses them to teach His children but also to show His power through them and in turn is glorified. If I did not have the Lord to live for, what else would there be? Myself? What a sad life that would be. I am the lowly sinner. He is the perfect savior. I am the creation. He is the creator. When He saved me He brought meaning and purpose to my thoughts, to my actions, to every aspect of my life. If it means going to the most dangerous nation and being tortured or killed in the most cruel way in order to bring praises to His name, then so be it. He deserves the honor and glory. It will only be the closest to hell I will ever get, then I will enter into heaven where I do not deserve to be but by His grace am allowed to live forever. What a day that will be!
Although He saved me at a young age, He is working in my life in such a huge way right now. I have struggled over the years with my salvation and assurance. This past summer was probably the biggest, hardest, worst struggle I have ever had. There were times I felt like giving up on the Lord but He did not give up on me. He has never and will never, ever leave me.
He pulled me through it and now He is giving me a passion and a love for Him like I have never had before. He is teaching me what radical obedience to His word is. He is giving me a heart for the nations, the poor, the hurting and the hopeless. He is showing me why I am here. Over the past few weeks He has shown me the importance of spending dedicated time with Him and how He uses people for his glory. My hope and prayer is that He will continue to work in this way. I have learned and grown so much. I am beginning to take my relationship with Him more seriously and He has opened my eyes in many areas. It is the desire of my heart to do His will and to live in radical obedience to Him.
I cannot begin to fathom why He would choose me. He is a holy, just and perfect God but chose to look down and call a child of darkness into the light. He chose to save and bring meaning to the life of an otherwise hopeless human. Although I did not live in the time of Jesus to see His miraculous works, I see them in my life today. From the time I was a young girl to this very day He has increasingly worked in my heart and in my life. John Newton’s song “Amazing Grace” comes to my mind. “Amazing grace how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind but now I see...” I have truly experienced that same amazing grace in my life. I serve an indescribable, incredible and irresistible God.

No comments:

Post a Comment