Saturday, January 31, 2009

Swim meet

I got up at 5:30ish this morning to go SWIMMING!!! I was trying to be enthusiastic because I definately was NOT this morning. We had a swim meet about an hour and a half from my house. Plus we had to be there at 7:30. My little(est) bro is in the younger group so we had to be there ALL day. I did not even swim until after lunch. Anywho I was a bit scared, I had to do a 500 hundered meter race, which I had never done before. I prayed about it, but I still lacked confidence in myself about it (not unusual). I expected to finish (hopefully) in between ten and fifteen minutes. Amazingly, I finished at 8 minutes and thirty...fourty something seconds! I can't believe I was so quick!!!!! JK JK JK!!!! I still got last place, but, with the help of God, I did above and beyond what I expected of myself. With God anything is possible. Honestly I was more worried about a 50 meter breast stroke than I was about the 500 meter freestyle. Lame I know. I did in fact complete ALL of my (three) events. I am exhausted!!!!!!! Well at least my muscles are (what muscles that I have anyway). It has been a long day and now I am having major issues with the key board. Ha Ha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment