Thursday, September 13, 2012

A new life...

Here, I sit in a hotel room in the beautiful Charleston, SC. My family is engrossed in the the reality cooking show, Chopped. To be perfectly honest, I am rather absorbed in it as well. We are taking a "vacationette". However, come Saturday I will be starting a new life. It is...daunting. I have quite a conglomeration of emotions. Earlier this year God allowed me to walk through a valley that was very painful. When I wanted to get out. I wanted to get out of my hometown, out of TN, out of my painfully familiar surroundings, out of that valley. I had previously considered attending the Evangelical Institute of Greenville, SC. I made my decision and in March I received my acceptance letter. Filled with excitement, I had my chance to get out. Over the past few months my emotions have gone up and down. My heart went from wanting to run away, to being truly excited about being at EI, where I would spend two years surrounded by Christian brothers and sisters, studying the bible and creating a great foundation for the rest of my life. I was nothing but excited for several months. As the start of the school grew nearer, it started to sink in a little and the excitement turned to fear and anxiety. The past couple of days have been hard. I am in this thing now, no turning back. I know God will meet me and as hard as it will be for me when my family leaves me, I know that these two years can be the most instrumental years of my life. I believe that they will be challenging and hard at times but I also believe that I will make wonderful friends and have lots of good memories. I need to take a deep breath and go at it full force! Hopefully I will be able to keep you updated and prayers are accepted and appreciated!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment