Monday, July 6, 2009

I am back in Tennessee. It is always a bit of a let down to get home from a trip...

I took over 1000 pictures!!! Well let me rephrase that, mainly Tyler and I along with a couple of other people took 1136 pictures! WOW! That was just my Rebel..Pictures were also taken with my Uncle's camera and my little camera and some other people had camera's too. It was mostly the big camera's though. All of us teens had a fun time with the cameras obviously. Amy is getting to borrow my uncle's professional grade camera and I got a new telephoto lens so we went a little crazy! My uncle Mike also let me borrow his macro lens. I am having fun with it too! Thanks Uncle Mike! I know Amy K is having a BLAST also! I will try and post some but it does not always let me so I may have to go to Janae's house to do it. It may be a little while though.

To get a good bit of history about it go to Amy K's blog but here is a little bit about where we were staying. We stayed in the hubble house. It was a bed and breakfast. The main house was the "Hogg House". Texas governer Jim Hogg's daughter was Ima Hogg. No, there was not really a daughter named "Youra Hogg". Though less known there were also two brothers. Ima stayed at her grandparents home in Winnsburough Texas, the "Hogg house", a lot through her childhood. Much later when George Bush was Governer of Texas, he stayed in this home.

Saturday night We went to see a firework show. I got some decent pictures of that. I will try and put them up later.

Sunday night we went to the "Shakespeare Festival. I REALLY enjoyed that. We saw a musical that my Uncle Steve was directing. It's called "She Loves Me". It is not a very well known musical because there are a lot of costum and set changes and because it is a musical it means more time and money. The movie "You've Got Mail" is based on this musical. It was not written by Shakespere even though it was at the "Shakespere Festival". It was good and the actors were GREAT! My uncle did a great job and should get a lot of credit in my oppinion.

It was soooo good to be with family! I love my family very much. I am blessed with a big and loving family. I thank the Lord! Not as much as a should though. It was a really nice break, although fairly short, from work. I am back it though and in full swing!
*Sigh*

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun!! I can't wait to see some pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun...I am still having trouble getting pics on here.

    ReplyDelete